||To submit your abstract, scroll down and complete the form below the Scope section.
Due to pandemic-related issues, the American Welding Society (AWS) Professional Program will be held virtually this year. AWS is now accepting abstract submissions to be considered for presentation during the Professional Program held the week after FABTECH.
Abstract submissions on novel developments and research related to materials joining technology and processes, including additive manufacturing are welcome. Topics of interest include those listed below. Authors with accepted abstracts will be required to prepare pre-recorded presentations and will receive complimentary registration for the 2021 AWS Professional Program, along with free access to other virtual events. Although full papers are not required with abstract submission, authors are encouraged to submit them to the Welding Journal at editorialmanager.com/wj/default.aspx for possible publication.
- Additive Manufacturing
- Battery and Energy Systems Welding
- Industrial Applications and Technologies
- Modeling and Numerical Analysis
- Sensors, Controls and Robotics
- Surfacing and Overlay
- Weldability and Properties of Welded Components
- Weld Repair and Performance of Welded Joints including Corrosion, Creep and Fatigue
- Welding Processes/Methods:
- - - High Energy Density (Laser and Electron Beam) and Laser Hybrid Welding
- - - Solid State Welding
- - - Arc Wedling Processes and Methods
-DOE Sponsored Session on Stress-Relaxation Cracking
Special Events Include:
- The Comfort A. Adams Lecture
- Plenary Presentation: by Prof. Patricio Mendez, University of Alberta
- Plenary Presentation: by Prof. Sindo Kou, University of Wisconsin
- Session Sponsored by the American Council of the IIW
- DOE Sponsored Session on Stress-Relaxation Cracking
- Poster Competition<br>
Submit your abstract for review today.
Abstracts should be ≤1,000 words and contain the following: Introduction (200 words), Experimental Procedures (300 words), Results and Discussion (300 words), Conclusion (~200 words) and Keywords.