||The American Welding Society is accepting abstract submissions to be considered for presentation during the AWS Professional Program held at FABTECH 2021 in Chicago, IL.
AWS welcomes abstract submissions on novel developments and research related to materials joining technology and processes, including additive manufacturing. Although full papers are not required for consideration, authors are encouraged to submit them to the Welding Journal at editorialmanager.com/wj/default.aspx for possible publication.
- Additive Manufacturing
- Battery and Energy Systems Welding
- Industrial Applications and Technologies
- Modeling and Numerical Analysis
- Sensors, Controls and Robotics
- Surfacing and Overlay
- Weldability and Properties of Welded Components
- Weld Repair and Performance of Welded Joints including Corrosion, Creep and Fatigue
- Welding Processes/Methods:
- - High Energy Density (Laser and Electron Beam) and Laser Hybrid Welding
- - Solid State Welding
- - Arc Wedling Processes and Methods
Authors with accepted abstracts are required to give oral presentations and will receive complimentary registration for the 2021 AWS Professional Program, along with free access to FABTECH 2021. Authors/Presenters are also encouraged to attend the following events held during the Professional Program:
- Opening Ceremony: Join us as the new AWS President and officers are introduced and new AWS Fellows and Counselors are inducted
- The Comfort A. Adams Lecture: Follows the Opening Ceremony
- Plenary Presentation: by Prof. Patricio Mendez, University of Alberta
- Plenary Presentation: by Prof. Sindo Kou, University of Wisconsin
- Poster Competition: The link for the Poster Competition will be released soon
Submit your abstract for review and consideration today. Abstracts should be ≤1,000 words and contain the following: Introduction (200 words), Experimental Procedures (300 words), Results and Discussion (300 words), Conclusion (~200 words) and Keywords.
Abstract submission deadlines will be released soon. For the latest updates, including how to submit your abstract for review and consideration, please visit us at programmaster.org/2021awsprofessional.