||Functional thin films and coatings continue to be an area of innovation in the fields of physics, materials science, chemistry and engineering.
"Advanced Functional and Structural Thin Films and Coatings symposium” will cover all aspects of advanced thin films and nanomaterials for modern biological, electronic, optical and photonic devices with applications in biological systems, photovoltaics, sensing and display technologies.
In addition, coatings and engineered surfaces for the reduction of corrosion and wear as well as the use of lubricant-free (green) production and coatings for biomedical and health care applications will be of interest.
This symposium will include, but will not be limited to the following topics:
Scope 1: Thin films and nanostructures for optoelectronics
- Fundamental studies and modelling, photonics, plasmonics, sensors, flexible electronics
- Multifunctional materials & devices
Scope 2: Coating technologies and surface structuring for tools
- Fundamentals & applications of lubricant-free (green) production
- Methods to improve wear resistance and reduce friction
- Functionalizing surfaces & interfaces
Scope 3: Multifunctional biomaterials, innovative approaches to new concepts and applications
- Functionalities of coatings/surface modifications
- Methods to improve biocompatibility, cell proliferation and growth, antimicrobial behavior and metallic ion release, load-bearing prostheses, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, etc. under in vitro and in vivo conditions.