||This symposium seeks to promote communication and dissemination of recent advancements in the area of integrated design, processing and characterization of cellular/lattice structures using additive manufacturing (AM).
Traditionally, efforts in this area have focused heavily on lightweighting of structures, as well as demonstrating the design freedoms afforded by AM. In recent years, new areas of focus have emerged in this field, including the design of non-mechanical properties such as heat and mass transfer, acoustic vibration and electromagnetics, multi-functionality, novel design concepts, and integrated material-structure design theories. Manufacturing-related challenges, such as defects and unique material characteristics of thin struts and thin walls, as well as process designs and optimizations, have also attracted increased attention. In parallel, applications utilizing additively manufactured cellular/lattice structures have been expanding.
This symposium invites papers on a broad range of topics in the general area of AM of cellular/lattice structures, but particularly encourages the following topics:
1. Novel behaviors and functional mechanisms of cellular/lattice structures
2. Design for AM theories and methodologies of particular relevance to cellular/lattice structures
3. AM cellular/lattice structure applications
4. Unique material and manufacturing characteristics of AM cellular/lattice structures
5. Unique supply chain issues related to AM cellular/lattice structures
6. Integrated modeling and design of material-process-property characteristics of AM cellular/lattice structures
7. Multi-functional design and application of AM cellular/lattice structures
8. Qualification and inspection of cellular/lattice structures
9. Integration of cellular/lattice structures into educational applications and pedagogy