||In a context of deep economic and societal changes, new bridges have appeared between scientific fields. Sustainable Production and Development in the metals and materials community is a global approach to maintain a balance between economic, environmental, and societal matters while meeting an ever increasing, worldwide demand. Key concepts explored at REWAS 2022 will include fostering multidisciplinary collaboration, combining sociology, economics, engineering, and natural sciences for the realization of Sustainable Development Goals.
In particular, this symposium will cover:
- Recyclable product design, Manufacturing for dissasembly
- Establishing and nurturing responsible Supply Chains
- Environmental and economical governmental policies and strategies applicable to the metallurgical industry
- Education and promotion of global Circular Economy perspectives
- Available tools and strategies for rigorous assessment of Sustainable Development Goals
This symposium will host the Plenary Session of REWAS 2022.