ProgramMaster Logo
Conference Tools for 2022 TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition
Register as a New User
Submit An Abstract
Propose A Symposium
Presenter/Author Tools
Organizer/Editor Tools
About this Abstract
Meeting 2022 TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition
Symposium REWAS 2022: Recovering the Unrecoverable
Presentation Title Development of Technology for Recycling Large-capacity Lithium-ion Batteries for EV,ESS
Author(s) Hongin Kim, Jeong-Soo Sohn, Soo-Kyung Kim, Dong-hyo Yang, Suk-hyun Byun
On-Site Speaker (Planned) Hongin Kim
Abstract Scope The lithium-ion batteries used in electric vehicle are composed of one pack. This pack is composed of several modules and each module is composed of several cells. The weight of battery pack is above 400 kg but the weight percent of cell is only 60%. The other 40% is not lithium-ion cells but another components such as BMS(battery management system), PRA(power relay assembly), safety plug, cable, cooling system and pack case. Recycling technologies for valuable metals such as cobalt, nickel, manganese and lithium are now commercialized but non-battery components in battery pack of electric vehicles are not fully recycled. In order to complete the recycling of spent battery pack in electric vehicles, recycling of non-battery components is necessary in addition to lithium-ion cell recycling. So in this study, we introduced the physical treatment processes such as dismantlement, crushing, grinding, magnetic separation and size separation for non-battery components recycling.
Proceedings Inclusion? Planned:
Keywords Recycling and Secondary Recovery, Extraction and Processing, Hydrometallurgy


A Green Process to Acquire a High Purity Rare Earth Elements Leach Liquor from Nd-Fe-B Magnets by Caustic Digestion and Roasting Processes
Adaptability of the ISASMELT™ Technology for the Sustainable Treatment of Wastes
An Innovative Separation Process for Spent Lithium-ion Battery Using Three-stage Electrodialysis
BlueMetals Technology – Experience from Commissioning E-Scrap Recycling Plants
Characterisation of Hyperaccumulators for Lithium Recovery from Ancient Mine Soils
Characterization and Thermal Treatment of Eggshell and Olive Stones for Heavy Metals Removal in Mining Environmental Liabilities Sites
Characterization and Thermal Treatment of Electric Arc Furnace Dusts Generated during Steel Production in Peruvian Industries
Deoxidation of Titanium Using Cerium Metal and Its Oxyhalide Formation
Development of Technology for Recycling Large-capacity Lithium-ion Batteries for EV,ESS
Efficient Steel Mill Dust Recycling – Aiming For Zero Waste
Estimation of the Generation and Value Recovery from E-waste Printed Circuit Boards: Bangladesh Case Study
Extraction of Nickel from Recycled Lithium-ion Batteries
Investigation of Hydrometallurgical Recycling Parameters of WC-Co Cutting Tool Scraps
Leaching of Rare Earth Elements from Phosphogypsum Using Mineral Acids
Maximizing the Efficiency of By-product Treatment by Multi Metal Recovery and Slag Valorization
Physicochemistry of Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Processes
Pre-study of the Dissolution Behavior of Silicon Kerf Residue in Steel
Recent Trend on the Studies of Recycling Technologies of Rare Earth Metals
Recovery of Copper, Iron and Alumina from Metallurgical Waste by Use of Hydrogen
Recovery of Precious Metal Silver from Scrap Computer Keyboards
Recovery of Terbium, Europium, and Yttrium from Waste Fluorescent Lamp Using Supercritical Fluid Extraction
Recycling of Electronic Wastes, Waste Batteries and Rare Metal Wastes in China
Recycling of Tungsten by Molten Salt Processes
Recycling Technologies Developed at KIGAM
Setting New Standards for Circular Economy in the Cement Industry
Shifting the Burden of Selectivity from Chemical to Physical Separation Processes via Selective Sulfidation
Utilization of Copper Nickel Sulfide Mine Tailings for CO2 Sequestration and Enhanced Nickel Sulfidization
Yellow Phosphorus Production from Phosphoric Acid by Carbothermic Reduction

Questions about ProgramMaster? Contact