||This symposium will include topics pertaining to the improvement of microstructural models through linkages with experimental data, simulations at other length scales, and surrogate models. Applications related to microstructural evolution under processing and in-service are of particular interest. Topics may include:
- Integrated models of material deformation and microstructural evolution in metallic materials.
- Approaches for the simulation of grain growth, recrystallization, twinning, phase transformations, or related phenomena coupling multiple scale modeling approaches.
- Verification/validation of machine learning models [e.g., physics-informed or data-driven methods] of microstructural evolution and/or response to deformation, aging, and irradiation.
- Novel couplings of experimental methods and data with mesoscale modeling approaches.
- Models using physics-informed or generative machine learning approaches to model the formation of microstructures or microstructural evolution processes.