||The American Welding Society (AWS) will hold its 2020 Annual Conference, officially known as the 2020 AWS Professional Program, in Las Vegas, NV, from Tuesday, November 17 through Friday, November 20.
In order to present your latest research results at the 2020 AWS Professional Program, please submit your abstracts below no later than April 3, 2020. Although full papers are not required for the Professional Program, authors are encouraged to submit full papers to the Welding Journal http://www.editorialmanager.com/wj/default.aspx for possible publication.
Authors with accepted abstracts are required to give oral presentations at the Professional Program. The Professional Program welcomes presentations on novel developments and research areas related to materials joining including surfacing and additive manufacturing. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Battery and Energy Systems Welding
- Modeling and Numerical Analysis
- Sensors, Controls and Robotics
- Surfacing and Overlay
- Welding Processes/Methods
* High Energy Density (Laser and Electron Beam) and Laser Hybrid Welding
* Solid State Welding
* Arc Welding Processes and Methods
- Weldability and Properties of Welded Components
- Weld Repair and Performance of Welded Joints including Corrosion, Creep and Fatigue
- Industrial Applications and Technologies
In addition to the presentations in the 2020 AWS Professional Program, you are also encouraged to attend the following:
- The AWS General Assembly on Monday morning where the new AWS President and officers will be introduced and new AWS Fellows and Counselors will be inducted
- The Comfort Adams Lecture following the General Assembly in the morning of Monday;
- Plenary Session Presentation
Authors' registration for the 2020 AWS Professional Program is complementary. This registration also provides free access to the 2020 FABTECH Show, which is the largest metal forming, fabrication, welding and finishing event in North America.