||The American Welding Society (AWS) will hold the 2020 AWS Professional Program virtually (November 18-20). To present your latest research results in the Professional Program, please complete submissions no later than June 1, 2020. Authors will be required to give 20-minute oral presentations and will receive complimentary registration for the 2020 AWS Professional Program, along with free access to FABTECH 2020, which is the largest metal forming, fabrication, welding and finishing event in North America.
Presentations on novel developments and research areas related to materials joining including, surfacing and additive manufacturing are welcomed. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Additive Manufacturing
- AI and Machine Learning for Joining
- Applied Technologies for Joining
- Arc Welding Processes
- Brazing and Soldering Applications
- Cladding, Surfacing and Repair Processes
- Dissimilar and Multi-Materials Joining
- High Energy Density Welding Processes
- Honorary Symposium for Prof. Stephen Liu
- Hybrid Welding Processes
- Modeling & Numerical Analysis for Joining
- Properties/Performance of Weldments
- Sensors, Controls & Robotics for Welding
- Solid State Welding Processes
- Weldability of Materials
- Welding Metallurgy
- Welding of Battery and Energy Systems
What and When to submit:
(1) As a minimum, please submit the presentation title, author names and affiliations by June 1, 2020. If your abstract has been approved for release, please submit it also by the same date. Abstracts should be ≤ 1,000 words and contain the following: Introduction (200 words), Experimental Procedures (300 words), Results and Discussion (300 words), Conclusion (~ 200 words) and Keywords.
(2) If the text of your abstract has not yet been approved for release by your management or sponsor by the submission date owing to delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please submit the presentation title, author names and affiliations by June 1, 2020 if you are permitted to do so. In these cases, the deadline for submission of the text of your abstract will be July 17, 2020. NOTE: delayed submission of abstract texts will be permitted only for authors who have submitted titles, names and affiliations by the June 1, 2020 deadline.