ProgramMaster Logo
Conference Tools for MS&T22: Materials Science & Technology
Login
Register as a New User
Help
Submit An Abstract
Propose A Symposium
Presenter/Author Tools
Organizer/Editor Tools
About this Abstract
Meeting MS&T22: Materials Science & Technology
Symposium Processing-Microstructure-Property Relationships of Titanium and Titanium Alloys
Presentation Title Enhancing Low-cycle Fatigue Life of Commercially-pure Ti By Deformation At Cryogenic Temperature
Author(s) Geonhyeong Kim, Seyed Amir Arsalan Shams, Jae Nam Kim, Jong Woo Won, Seong Woo Choi, Jae Keun Hong, Chong Soo Lee
On-Site Speaker (Planned) Geonhyeong Kim
Abstract Scope In this study, the low-cycle fatigue behavior of a cryogenic-rolled commercially pure titanium alloy was investigated, and compared with those of undeformed and room-temperature rolled variants. The amounts of deformation twins increased to over 70% after cryogenic temperature rolling, and to 27% after room temperature rolling. Strain-controlled low-cycle fatigue tests were performed at various total strain amplitudes from 0.4% to 1.2%. The Coffin-Manson and hysteresis energy-based models confirmed that low-cycle fatigue resistance was remarkably improved with increasing the volume fraction of deformation twins by pre-deformation. As the proportion of deformation twins in the microstructure increased, the hysteresis loop area decreased, and the severity of crack-deflection behavior increased. At total strain amplitude of 0.4%, dislocation recovery was inhibited in the pre-deformed microstructure, so cyclic behavior was stable. However, at total strain amplitude from 0.8% to 1.2%, the recovery actively occurred, so well-defined cell structures formed and cyclic softening became dominant behavior.
Proceedings Inclusion? Undecided

OTHER PAPERS PLANNED FOR THIS SYMPOSIUM

Approaches to Improving Yield-strength without Compromising Strain-hardenability in β-Titanium Alloys
Conventional Ti Alloys for Aeroengines And Aircraft Landing Gear Beams—a Data-driven Analysis for Selection of Ti-based Alloys and Future Directions
Design of New Metastable Ti Alloys and Determinations of Their Deformation Mechanisms Active during Tensile Deformation
Development of High Mechanical Strength and Low Elastic Modulus Ti-Nb-Fe-Sn-Zr Alloy for Orthopedic Implants
Dilatometric Study of Phase Transformations in Ti-407
Enhancing Low-cycle Fatigue Life of Commercially-pure Ti By Deformation At Cryogenic Temperature
Hierarchical Twinning Microstructure in the Metastable β Titanium Alloys
Insights from Three-dimensional Characterization of Twins in Titanium
Microstructure-based Equivalent Initial Flaw Size (m-EIFS) Distributions for Airframe Structural Components
Microstructure Evolution and Mechanical Behaviour of Two Phase (α+β) Ti-6Al-4V Alloy : An Effect of Heat Treatment Temperature and Duration
Nanoindentation Studies and Bulk Mechanical Properties of Additively Manufactured Titanium Alloys
Role of Oxygen on Phase Stability, Precipitation, and Deformation in Beta Titanium Alloys
Slip-twinning Interdependency in High-strength Alpha-beta Titanium Alloys
Tailoring Martensitic Transformation in Metastable Beta-Ti Alloys
Titanium Alloy Microstructures Produced by Additive Manufacturing and Deformation
Using Synchrotron X-ray Characterization to Understand Slip Processes in Titanium Alloys

Questions about ProgramMaster? Contact programming@programmaster.org