|The 15th International Symposium on Superalloys aims to highlight advances in superalloy technologies for the sustainable future. In recent years, the superalloys community has benefited greatly from advances in alloys development, microstructure-sensitive modeling tools and advanced characterization techniques. These technologies have enabled enhanced fundamental understanding of the material behavior and helped to improve the processing and performance of existing materials while accelerating the development of new alloys.
In addition to the traditional focus areas of alloy development, processing, mechanical behavior, coatings effects and environmental degradation, the Superalloys 2024 symposium invites papers from academia, national laboratories, supply chain and end-users of the superalloy community that highlight technologies contributing to improved processability, affordability, life prediction and performance of superalloys. A special focus will be paid to contributions focusing on repair/refurbishment of alloys and components.
The technical topics include:
- Improving superalloy manufacturability, affordability, lifecycle, and performance
- Property models and computational tools for superalloys
- Innovation characterization techniques and processing methods for superalloys
- Alloy development and superalloy coatings
- Supermechanical behavior and environmental effects