|About this Symposium
|2025 TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition
|Microstructural Characterization of Additively Manufactured Alloys
|Pyuck-Pa Choi, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Pradeep K.G., Indian Institute of Technology
Pedro Rivera, University of Southampton
Eric Jaegle, University of the Bundeswehr Munich
Hyeji Im, Case Western Reserve University
Christian Haase, Technical University Berlin
|Additive manufacturing (AM) has received great attention for the fabrication of metallic components in the aerospace, automobile and energy sectors.
In order to ensure the integrity of these critical components and understand their behavior under service, detailed understanding of their microstructure, phase stability and evolution on multiple length scales is required.
The objective of this symposium is to review and discuss existing and emerging advanced characterization techniques applicable to AM components.
This symposium will focus on but will not only be limited to following topics:
• In-situ and ex-situ characterization techniques for AM components
• Understanding the solidification and defect formation processes during AM
• Microstructure-processing-property relationships of AM parts
• Assessment of mechanical and/or functional properties of AM parts
• Assessment of the printability of AM components based on experimental and computational approaches