Bowen Li, Michigan Technological Univ
John S. Carpenter, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Jiann-Yang Hwang, Michigan Technological Univ
Sergio N. Monteiro, Military Institute of Engineering, IME,
Jian Li, Canmetmaterials
Donato Firrao, Politecnico Di Torino
Mingming Zhang, ArcelorMittal Global R&D
Zhiwei Peng, Central South Univ
Juan P. Escobedo-Diaz, University of New South Wales
Chenguang Bai, Chongqing University
||The symposium focuses on the characterization of the minerals, metals and materials and the applications of characterization results on the processing of these materials. Subjects include, but are not limited to, extraction & processing of various minerals, metals (including ferrous, non-ferrous and precious metals and alloys, etc), metal matrix composites, glass, ceramic and refractories, polymers, fiber materials, biomaterials, carbon, electronic, magnetic and optical materials, high-temperature materials, newly developed advanced materials, gaseous, liquid and solid pollutants, recycling, insulation materials, and advanced characterization techniques, etc.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Techniques for characterizing materials across a spectrum of systems and processes
- Characterization of mechanical, electrical, electronic, optical, dielectric, magnetic, physical and chemical properties of materials
- Characterization of processing of materials
- Characterization of structural, morphological and Topographical properties of materials
- Emerging characterization techniques
- Characterization of extraction and processing, which include process development and analysis of various processes.
- Characterization of microstructure and properties of materials, which include: process integration, characterization of thin and thick films (semi-conductor), micro-texture, computer tomography (CT), x-ray tomography (XRT),in-situ microscopy, nano-scale TEM, AFM, FIB techniques, and GeoMet, etc.
This symposium encourages, but does not demand, accompanying proceedings papers for each oral presentation as well as for the poster contributions. Awards are presented for individuals who provide the best combination of oral presentation and written proceedings paper. In addition, a poster session will occur at TMS 2015 with an award for best poster.