||The five technical divisions of TMS are very excited to sponsor the student poster contest held each year at the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition. Both undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to participate in this dynamic and interactive event. Each of the technical divisions will award $500 to the best undergraduate poster and $500 to the best graduate poster. A top prize of $1,000 will be awarded by TMS for the “Best of Show” poster.
Contest Participant Qualifications In addition to developing poster presentations of technical interest to individuals in the various technical divisions, participants must satisfy the following qualifications:
* Authors must be full-time students who are pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees.
* Authors must register to attend the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition and be present to put-up and take-down the posters.
* Authors must be present during a scheduled “Exhibit Showing” (similar to a science fair) to answer questions and discuss their work.
* Each author may use up to a 45” x 45” space. If poster exceeds this space, it will be neither presented nor eligible for contest. (Authors are assigned display numbers prior to the conference to designate where presentations should be posted.)
* Visual aids that could clarify the results of your own work are encouraged. Do not, however, post your paper text. Graphics should be simple, colorful, well labeled and clear. The title should be written in letters 2- to 5-cm high, and all material should be readable from a distance of 2 m.
To participate, visit the TMS Annual Meeting website , then visit ProgramMaster to complete and submit your application. Log in (or register as a new user), click on the meeting icon and select “LMD Technical Division Student Poster Contest” from the list.
Mark whether you are a graduate student or an undergraduate student below as this is a requirement. Your abstract will be rejected if you do not mark this.