||This symposium is one of the largest yearly gatherings of magnesium specialists in the world. Papers are presented on all aspects of magnesium technology, ranging from primary production to applications and recycling, as well as from basic research to industrialization. The symposium will cover - but is not limited to - the following topics:
- Basic Research
- Primary production
- Alloys and their production
- Cast products/processing (high-pressure die casting, semi-solid processing, ...)
- Wrought products/processing (feedstock manufacturing, rolling, extrusion, forging, ...)
- Forming, joining, machining
- Corrosion (protection) and surface finishing
- Recycling / Ecological issues/ Life Cycle Analysis
- Structural applications (automotive, aerospace, ...)
- Biomedical applications
- Emerging Applications (hydrogen storage, additive manufacturing of powders, ...)
- ICME of Magnesium Alloys
- Fatigue behavior of magnesium alloys
- Dynamic responses of Magnesium Alloys
In keeping with the long-standing tradition of presenting the most recent and highest quality work on magnesium, this symposium features a collection of manuscripts in an edited book entitled Magnesium Technology 2016. This book features the finest and latest breaking articles in magnesium research from the past year and is listed with the main indexing services including Elsevier Engineering Index and Thomas Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index, as well as published as a Google eBook online, making its articles readily searchable and available on the web and citable.
A condition of delivering an oral presentation is submitting a paper for inclusion in the Magnesium Technology book.
Exemptions are only permissible if:
(1) publishing in TMS journals, specifically Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, B, or E, IMMI, JOM or other TMS sponsored journal in the same year. Exemptions will only be provided to those furnishing an AUTHORS COPY of their manuscript, letter of acceptance from the editor, or similar document illustrating that the manuscript was accepted by a TMS sponsored journal by the deadline of SEPTEMBER 10, 2015.
(2) It is not required to submit a manuscript if you are planning to make a poster presentation. Therefore you may still submit an abstract to the Magnesium Technology symposium for a poster presentation.
Please ensure your paper is submitted on time, and thank you for your interest in the Magnesium Technology 2016 Symposium.