||The five technical divisions of TMS are very excited to sponsor the young professional poster contest TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition. Young professional members age 40 and under are encouraged to participate in this dynamic and interactive event. Each of the technical divisions will award $500 to the best poster.
Contest qualifications: In addition to developing poster presentations of technical interest to individuals in the various technical divisions, participants must satisfy the following qualifications:
* Authors must be professional members of TMS and age 40 or younger. Student members ARE NOT eligible to participate.
* Authors must register to attend the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition and be present to put-up and take-down the posters.
* Authors must be present during a scheduled “Exhibit Showing” (similar to a science fair) to answer questions and discuss their work.
* Each author may use up to a 114 cm x 114 cm (45” x 45”) space. If poster exceeds this space, it will be neither presented nor eligible for contest. (Authors are assigned display numbers prior to the conference to designate where presentations should be posted.)
* Visual aids that could clarify the results of your own work are encouraged. Do not, however, post your paper text. Graphics should be simple, colorful, well labeled and clear. The title should be written in letters 2 cm (3/4") to 5 cm (2") high, and all material should be readable from a distance of 2 m (6').