||This symposium will cover recent advances in the powder-route synthesis of bulk nanostructured materials and nanocomposites. Talks are welcome on all aspects of the powder processing of nanostructured materials. Topics of special interest include the following:
(1) powder synthesis methods: mechanical alloying and milling, rapid solidification, chemistry-based techniques, emerging powder synthesis methods
(2) advanced powder forming methods: novel pressing techniques, binder jet 3Dprinting, laser/electron beam/plasma powder deposition processes, injection molding;
(3) pressure-assisted consolidation techniques: spark plasma sintering, cold spray deposition, hot pressing, shock-wave consolidation;
(4) pressureless densification techniques: liquid phase sintering, liquid metal infiltration, nanophase separation sintering, microwave sintering;
(5) new and emerging powder metallurgy-based consolidation processes.
We strongly encourage talks on structural evolution during these synthesis, forming, and densification operations.