||Bowen Li, Michigan Technological University
Shefford P. Baker, Cornell University
Huazhang Zhai, Beijing Institute of Technology
Sergio N. Monteiro, Military Institute of Engineering
Rajiv Soman, Eurofins EAG Materials Science LLC
Faqin Dong, Southwest University of Science and Technology
Jinhong Li, China University of Geosciences (Beijing)
Bo Li, Tsinghua University Graduate School at Shenzhen
Ruigang Wang, The University of Alabama
||This symposium emphasizes the advances of powder and ceramic materials in the fundamental research, technology development and industrial applications.
Ceramic materials science covers the science and technology of creating objects from inorganic, non-metallic materials, and includes design, synthesis, and fabrication of ceramics, glasses, advanced concretes, and ceramic-metal composites. Recent years, the hybrids of ceramic materials and metallic materials have received plenty of interdisciplinary inspirations and achievements in material processes and functional applications including ionic batteries, catalysis, energy storage, superconductors, semiconductor, filtrations, etc.
Topics of this symposium will cover, but not limited to:
• Silicates, oxides, and non-oxide ceramics and glasses
• Synthesis, characterization, modeling, and simulation of ceramic materials
• Design and control of ceramic microstructure and properties
• Ceramic powders and processing
• Fundamental understanding of ceramic materials and processes.
• Novel methods, techniques, and instruments used to characterize ceramics and glasses.
• Bioceramics, electronic, magnetic ceramics, and applications
• Surface treatment and ceramic thin films, membranes, and coatings
• Porous ceramic materials
• Hybrid systems of ceramic, metal, and/or polymer composites
• Ceramics used for extreme environments
• Metallurgical byproducts for ceramic manufacturing