||The symposium is proposed as the yearly signature symposium for Titanium Committee in an effort to gather the titanium experts and researchers all over the world. This symposium will address the recent advances in titanium technology and serve as an international forum for scientists, engineers, and technologists from industry, academia, and research laboratories to share latest progresses and exchange ideas on the state-of-the-art in processing-microstructure-property relationships of titanium and titanium alloys.
The symposium will cover all aspects of physical and mechanical metallurgy of titanium and titanium alloys, processing techniques, product development, alloys design, microstructure exploration and performance evaluation. The topics of choice include, but are not limited to:
• Titanium and titanium alloys, including near alpha alloys, alpha+beta alloys, metastable beta alloys, intermetallic alloys and titanium matrix composites
• Processing of titanium and titanium alloys using advanced techniques
• Phase transformations and microstructural evolution in titanium and titanium alloys
• Mechanical behavior and performance of titanium and titanium alloys
• Additive manufacturing of titanium and titanium alloys, especially the development of titanium alloys specific for additive manufacturing that can leverage the site-specific control afforded by various additive manufacturing technologies
• Titanium alloy development toward powder-based titanium manufacturing processes with special focus on improved densification, resistance to contamination, microstructural control, and cost reduction