||John S Carpenter, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Chen-Guang Bai, Chongqing University
Jiann-Yang Hwang, Michigan Technological University
Shadia J Ikhmayies, Al Isra University
Bowen Li, Michigan Technological University
Sergio N Monteiro, State University of North Rio de Janeiro
Zhiwei Peng, Michigan Technological University
Mingming Zhang, ArcelorMittal Global R&D
||The symposium focuses on the characterization of the minerals, metals and materials and the applications of characterization results on the processing of these materials. Subjects include, but are not limited to, extraction & processing of various minerals, metals (including ferrous, non-ferrous and precious metals, steel, alloys, etc), composites, ceramic and refractories, polymers, biomedical, carbon, electronic, magnetic and optical materials, energy materials, newly developed advanced materials, gaseous, liquid and solid pollutants, recycling, and advanced characterization techniques, etc. This symposium will cover the following topics:
- Techniques for characterizing materials across a spectrum of systems and processes
- Characterization of mechanical and physical properties of materials
- Characterization of processing of materials
- Characterization of structure and properties of materials
- Emerging characterization techniques
- Characterization of extraction and processing, which include process development and analysis of various processes.
- Characterization of microstructure and properties of materials, which include: process integration characterization of thin films (semi-conductor), computer tomography (CT), x-ray tomography (XRT),in-situ microscopy, nano-scale TEM, GeoMet, etc.