||This symposium is focused on nuclear fuels with enhanced accident tolerance for Light Water Reactor (LWR) with an emphasis on assessment of their performance. Topics related to design, fabrication, characterization, irradiation, post-irradiation examination, testing simulating accident conditions, and modeling/simulation of accident tolerant fuels are within the scope of this symposium. This symposium will provide a platform for exhibiting and discussing recent experimental and computational progress in this area.
Abstracts are solicited in (but not limited to) the following topics:
• Accident tolerant fuel and cladding materials development
• Microstructure, mechanical, thermodynamic and physical property characterization
• Radiation damage and post-irradiation examination on accident tolerant fuel and cladding materials
• Fuel rod, fuel cladding and component materials behaviors under accident conditions (corrosion, steam corrosion, chemical interaction, etc.)
• Multi-scale modeling/simulation of materials behavior under normal and accident conditions