||John S Carpenter, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Chenguang Bai, Chongqing University
Juan Pablo Escobedo, University of New South Wales
Jiann-Yang Hwang, Michigan Technological University
Shadia J Ikhmayies, Al Isra University
Bowen Li, Michigan Technological University
Sergio Neves Monteiro, Military Institute of Engineering, IME, Materials Science Department
Zhiwei Peng, Michigan Technological University
Mingming Zhang, ArcelorMittal
Jian Li, CanmetMATERIALS
||Objective: The symposium focuses on the characterization of the minerals, metals and materials and the applications of characterization results on the processing of these materials. Subjects include, but are not limited to, extraction & processing of various minerals, metals (including ferrous, non-ferrous and precious metals and alloys, etc), metal matrix composites, ceramic and refractories, polymers, biomaterials, carbon, electronic, magnetic and optical materials, high-temperature materials, newly developed advanced materials, gaseous, liquid and solid pollutants, recycling, and advanced characterization techniques, etc.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Techniques for characterizing materials across a spectrum of systems and processes
- Characterization of mechanical and physical properties of materials
- Characterization of processing of materials
- Characterization of structure and properties of materials
- Emerging characterization techniques
- Characterization of extraction and processing, which include process development and analysis of various processes.
- Characterization of microstructure and properties of materials, which include: process integration, characterization of thin films (semi-conductor), micro-texture, computer tomography (CT), x-ray tomography (XRT),in-situ microscopy, nano-scale TEM, FIB techniques, and GeoMet, etc.
This symposium encourages, but does not demand, accompanying proceedings papers for each oral presentation. Awards are presented for individuals who provide the best combination of oral presentation and written proceedings paper. In addition, a poster session will occur at TMS 2015 with an award for best poster.