||This symposium is to honor the memory and legacy of Prof. Nagy El-Kaddah. Nagy Symposium on Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) in Materials Processing will provide a forum where university and academic professionals can interact and exchange with other stakeholders to facilitate the advancement of MHD in industry.
• Experimental MHD,
• Mathematical modeling of MHD,
• MHD stability,
• Industrial applications of MHD,
• Recent applications of MHD.
Abstracts must be submitted through Program Master
Papers are needed from professionals in the following areas:
• Fundamental study of MHD interactions in materials processing,
• Electromagnetic levitation to study reactions and material properties of metals on earth and in microgravity condition,
• Application of MHD in non-ferrous industries – electromagnetic casting, electromagnetic brake, electromagnetic stirrer, induction heating, electromagnetic filtration, Halls-Heroults process,
• Application of MHD in ferrous industry – Electromagnetic stirrer/brake, Edge containment in twin roll strip casting, transverse flux induction heating of strips, VIM/VAR processes, ESR processes,
• Recent applications of EM field in areas such as electrostatic levitation, magnetopheresis, etc.,