||This symposium seeks to highlight effective leadership methods in order to enable students, as well as early-career and well-established professionals, to better pursue opportunities in leadership. Specifically, it aims to address the barriers to leadership perceived by students and early-career professionals and to equip current and future leaders with relevant tools to improve their own leadership abilities. The symposium will focus on empowering the audience with comprehensive insight into the multiple facets of leadership, allowing attendees to build their own leadership repertoires and incite change in leadership roles and techniques.
Solicited topics include:
- Applying novel leadership techniques in an evolving world
- Contrasting leadership in different spheres: industry, academia and government
- Ut Prosim: leadership as service
- Building a foundation for ethical leadership
- Exploring entrepreneurial leadership
- Overcoming challenges for minorities in leadership
- Launching student leadership
Submissions from leaders in the facets described above, including graduate students, professors, other academic personnel and industry professionals, are encouraged.