|About this Abstract
||2016 TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition
||The Material Life Cycle: A Steering Wheel for Europe's Raw Materials Academy
||Eric Pirard, Jenny Greberg
|On-Site Speaker (Planned)
EIT Raw Materials is a major European initiative supported by more than 60 core partners from industry, research and academia. Among the core missions of this network is the establishment of a Raw Materials RM Academy to educate T-shaped professionals that will contribute to the development of a sustainable and resource efficient Europe.
Every T-shaped professional should combine an in depth knowledge of his own discipline with a sound understanding of the challenges of the raw materials value chain. The main objective of the RM Academy is to connect T-shaped professionals to help create the circular economy steering wheel.
Therefore, the RM Academy has the following missions :
- Label and support educational programs.
- Promote a permanent offer of cross-disciplinary workshops and courses.
- Train T-shaped professionals into T-shaped entrepreneurs.
- Promote lifelong learning initiatives.
- Stimulate wider society learning initiatives aiming at raising social and
||Planned: A CD-only volume