Shamiparna Das is currently doing her PhD at UNT and is involved in friction stir processing/welding of materials. Through FSP, she,
• achieved improved toughness in magnesium sheets (considered a grand challenge)
• engineered magnesium composite with exceptional strength-ductility combination
• developed functional composite with magnetic response.
• improved wear properties of A286 austenitic steel
• integrated laser-FSP for flexible processing
Her other skills include microscopy, FIB, DIC, XRD, mechanical-testing, abaqus, fractography. She also has past experience in ceramic processing. She successfully synthesized and characterized magneto-electric composites by auto-combustion route during her B-Tech in Ceramic engineering in National Institute of Technology, Rourkela. While doing MS in Materials engineering in Indian Institute of Science, she investigated the high temperature behavior of xBi(Zn0.5Ti0.5)O3-(1-x)PbTiO3 ferroelectric (high-Tc). She would like an opportunity to apply her technical knowledge and passion for materials engineering to solve real life problems as part of an organization.