|About this Abstract
||2018 TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition
||9th International Symposium on High Temperature Metallurgical Processing
||High throughput Experimental Technologies for Novel Amorphous Metallic Materials Research
||Xiaoping Jiang, Andy Huang, Parker Liu
|On-Site Speaker (Planned)
MTI high throughput bulk materials production line is designed for novel amorphous materials research with 32 samples up to 10 g in one automatic run.
1. Automatic dispensing of solid powders.
2. High throughput ball milling.
3. High throughput pellet pressing by a 10-ton electric hydraulic press with a carrousel type sample changer.
Two different melting processing:
4.1.melt spinning: A thin stream of molten is then dropped onto a fast moving surface of a cold copper drum for rapid quenching & solidification.
4.2. Arc melting: the 32-cavity copper crucible of an automatic high throughput arc melting system.
5. A compact 16-channel tube furnace up to 1100 °C is employed for sintering, annealing, or quenching operations.
6. The 16 samples automatic lapping polishing machine.
7. The elemental compositions of bulk samples are high throughput analyzed by an XRF scanning system.
High-throughput experimental solutions increase productivity by 16 times.